Line Cook and Prep Cook
95 Riverside Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Riverside Center for the Performing Arts, a critically acclaimed dinner theater with a beautiful event space, is currently seeking professional line cooks.
Job Summary: Work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric environment to ensure we always deliver a high-quality meal to guests. Our line cooks are responsible for inventive and stunning plating arrangements. Preparing each order by following standardized recipes. Ensuring that proper food handling and sanitation procedures are being followed. Preparing visually appealing and great tasting home-style dishes. Completing food in a timely manner so it is delivered hot and fresh to the servers. Participating in all aspects of food production and living our culture of passion and excellence in everything we do!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- View the plate as the canvas on which to express and display creations from the choice of the plate itself to the visual arrangement of colors and ingredients on the plate.
- The willingness and ability to cross-train and work in multiple positions – We believe in the concept of ONE Kitchen, where your training and flexibility will enable you to become an expert in all Heart of House roles.
- Monitors product supply and replenishes stock when necessary.
- Reads order tickets and/or listens to what dishes are called to determine what items need to be prepared.
- Prioritizes cooking and preparation times of each order to ensure proper pacing of guest meals.
- Adjusts ingredients and ingredient amounts by substituting various food products to accommodate guests' special requests.
- Prepares food items using recipe instructions, proper portioning methods, and cooking standards to fulfill guests’ orders.
- Prepares and stores unused food product using FIFO procedures to ensure freshness of product and eliminate waste.
- Inspects color, consistency, firmness, and temperature of food products to ensure food is cooked to standards and guests’ specifications.
- Inspects food orders before sending them out to ensure proper plate presentation, portioning, and recipe adherence.
- Uses proper cooking equipment to prepare food items and to complete food orders.
- Cleans station floors, counters, tools, cutting boards, and preparation surfaces using the proper cleaning solutions to ensure station remains sanitized.
- Assists other employees as needed.
- Practice proper time reporting (i.e., punches in and out accurately).
- Arrive at work on time, in the proper work attire, and ready to work.
- Are neat and well-groomed for every shift and in immaculate and proper work attire.
- Demonstrate a helpful, positive attitude at all times to guests and employees.
- Understand and adhere to all safety, sanitation, and administrative procedures.
- Provide complete and timely communication to other employees throughout the shift.
- Any culinary education is a plus!
- Preferred experience in Nouvelle, high-end plating; ability to create beautiful food will be tested at interview.
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Must maintain a high degree of pace and intensity for an extended period of time, have strong menu knowledge, and have ability to accurately read, organize, and coordinate tickets.
- Ability to understand and follow direction from others.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to memorize and replicate food production procedures.
- Ability to read recipe cards.
*If hired applicants must pass a drug screening proving they do not use Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Opiates or Oxycodone